Since Solstice Publishing released my latest novel, “Murder Down Under,” I’ve received a variety of questions about the book. I decided to address some of the ones that are asked the most frequently. If you have a question related to my book that I have not answered below, please feel free to ask it in the comment section. I’m happy to answer questions about my characters, plot, inspiration, setting or my Australian experiences.
In conjunction with answering these questions, a few author friends and I are playing Blog Tag. We are each answering 10 questions about our work and ourselves with the writers’ tags at the end of the blog. Play along and enjoy peeking into the lives of working writers.
1. What is the title of your book?
Answer: “Murder Down Under”
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
Answer: I travelled to Australia and visited Sydney and Alice Springs. I enjoyed the country and the people so much that I decided to set one of my mysteries in that exciting country.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Answer: Mystery and romantic suspense.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Answer: I would choose Hugh Jackman to play the male protagonist. Nicole Kidman would be a perfect Lysi Weston. Halle Berry could portray Grace Wright if she wore 4-inch heels.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Answer: G’day becomes a very bad day when Lisa Weston gets embroiled in a murder case that leads her on a twisted trail of suspects that include a womanizing cop, a suave Black businessman and a voyeur who videos his victims.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Answer: It will be represented by a publisher.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Answer: About a year of part-time writing.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Answer: I would compare my writing style and story settings to Cara Black’s Aimee Leduc mystery series set in Paris. Also, Donna Leon’s Guido Brunetti mystery series set in Venice.
9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?
Answer: As I mentioned above, my great experiences in Australia were the inspiration for this novel.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Answer: My books are character driven. I think readers will enjoy my quirky, unique characters and their emotionally motivated behaviors.
Now play tag and learn about my friends. Here are their names and blog addresses: Now play tag and learn about my friends. Here are their names and blog addresses:
Michael Thal http://blog.childcontrolled.com/
Jessica Tornese www.jessicatornese.com
KC Sprayberry http://outofcontrolcharacters.blogspot.com